When it comes to roofing repairs and maintenance in the Phoenix, Scottsdale, Carefree, Fountain Hills, Cave Creek area, you have many options to choose from. If you’re choosing new or replacement shingles, having proper guidance from a roofing professional can be really important to a successful project. Here in the Scottsdale, AZ and surrounding areas area, it’s important to choose the right shingles in order to protect your home from the Arizona sun, heat, and even moisture damage. Whether you want to match your existing shingles or give your home a whole new look with a complete shingle replacement, the roofing experts here at TraVek Roofing are committed to helping you design the roof of your dreams.
Do You Need Shingle Replacement?
There are some signs that can indicate if you need a shingle replacement:
- Age of the roof: Most asphalt shingle roofs last between 15 and 25 years. If your roof is approaching or exceeding this age range, it may be time for a shingle replacement.
- Visible damage: If you notice visible damage to your shingles, such as cracking, curling, or missing pieces, it may be time for a shingle replacement.
- Water damage: If you notice water stains on your ceiling or walls, it could be a sign of a leaky roof caused by damaged shingles.
- Energy bills: If your energy bills have increased suddenly, it could be a sign that your roof is not functioning correctly, and damaged shingles could be the culprit.
- Pebbles around the perimeter of the house: If you notice a line of small pebbles around the perimeter of your house and it matches the color of the shingles, it means the shingles are worn and dried, and a shingle replacement is more than likely necessary.
If you suspect that you need a shingle replacement, it is essential to have a professional roofing contractor inspect your roof to determine the extent of the damage and provide an estimate for repair or replacement.